Cuban rueda regular courses
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we take extra measures to prevent coronavirus spreading. Click here for more info.
At Dame2Salsa we offer Cuban rueda (Cuban-style salsa danced in a group) classes for several levels over 3-month intensive periods. All classes are one hour and are held once a week. These cuban rueda classes are taught at Progreso Musical, near Argüelles metro in the center of Madrid. Instructions are given in Spanish, but English explanations can be given upon request.
Regular classes are 8€ per class and paid monthly, meaning that the total per month will depend on the total number of classes in that month.
The schedule is as follows:
Cuban rueda Level 1
Group 1: Mondays @ 21h
Group 2: Tuesdays @ 21h
Group 3: Wednesdays @ 20h
Cuban rueda Level 2
Group 1: Tuesdays @ 20h
Group 2: Fridays @ 20h
Cuban rueda Level 3
Group 1: Wednesdays @ 21h
Cuban rueda Level 4
Group 1: Mondays @ 20h
Cuban rueda Level 5
Group 1: Thursdays @ 21h
Group 2: Fridays @ 21h
We will open registration for additional levels if the aforementioned groups become full. Please remember our groups are small, so these new groups would need enough students signed up and a balanced number of leaders/followers. So, if you want to join us but you can’t fit Dame2Salsa in your weekly schedule, contact us! We may be looking to open new groups and you could be the one who makes the group happen.
Making up classes: Due to trying to maintain bubble-groups and capacity restrictions, we are not allowing making up classes for the moment.
Which level am I?
As we have several levels, we are asked a lot which level you should join. This is a general idea about each level and who is it aimed for:
- Level 1: If you have never danced, this is your course as we start from the very beginning. If you have danced salsa but not rueda (especially if you are dancing as a lead) we also suggest you to sign up for this level.
- Level 2: If you have danced Cuban salsa or rueda and you know the basics (dile que no, enchufla, 70, etc.), start here. Also if you took salsa classes even if not Cuban salsa.
- Level 3: If you have danced Cuban rueda and you are able to perform most basic moves with ease, this is your course, as we start to focus in good-looking rueda moves.
- Level 4: Perfecting Rueda moves, overall dance technique and partner work.
- Level 5: Musicality, rhythm and harder Cuban-style moves.
- Level 6: Introduction to Casino style.
From time to time, we do single-subject courses dedicated to other dances or a particular group of salsa moves. These courses are normally are shorter in duration (offered over a day or week) and we publish them on Facebook.